POSITION TITLE: Gallery Attendant (PT position)
HOURS: Monday to Saturday and some evenings; 18 to 25 hrs. /week; starting immediately.
The Art Gallery of Southwestern Manitoba is seeking a Gallery Attendant to cover various day, evening and weekend shifts at the gallery. Responsibilities include reception duties, data entry, filing and correspondence. The Attendant is also required to assist with patron inquiries, class registrations and work in the gift shop.
- provide public reception to gallery goers and class participants.
- respond to email, phone and in person requests for general information about art classes, workshops and exhibitions.
- handle cash, credit and debit sales in the gift shop
- data entry, filing and correspondence as requested
- updates website information for events, classes and exhibitions, as needed
- Proficiency in computer applications -Google Docs, Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Word, Excel), social media, listservs
- Experience with conducting financial transactions
- Experience in customer and visitor service
- Professional and mature demeanor
- Excellent communication skills
- Sound judgment
- Ability to work in a collaborative setting
- Familiarity with cultural institutions and the visual arts, an asset
- Service-oriented perspective
- Ability to maintain focus despite regular interruptions
- Attention to detail
- Prioritize work
- Respond to general inquiries and make decisions to redirect where appropriate
Please send your résumé and three references, in confidence, by 5 PM Thursday, September 12, 2019 to: Email: [email protected] ℅ Art Gallery of Southwestern Manitoba, 710 Rosser Avenue, Unit 2, Brandon Manitoba, R7A 0K9