The Art Gallery of Southwestern Manitoba is pleased to announce a new opportunity for emerging artists in the Westman region. Funded by the RBC Emerging Artists Project, the AGSM is offering two artists a paid mentorship opportunity in the Spring 2019 RBC Public Art Mentorship Program.
At the end of the program, artists will exhibit their work on a public billboard along the highway in Brandon.
CALL FOR ARTISTS
ARTIST FEE: $900 CAD per artist + materials budget
ELIGIBILITY: Artists must be available during the following dates for mentorship sessions:
- Week of April 29
- Week of May 6
- Week of May 13
- Week of May 20
- Week of May 27
- Week of June 6
During the program, artists will:
- Learn how large-scale public artworks are commissioned
- Learn ways of developing public art, including leading community engagement workshops
- Develop new professional relationships with artists and curators across Canada
- Access training and hands-on learning opportunities
- Build a professional portfolio
In order to be eligible, applicants must be under 30 years of age and currently living in the Southwestern Manitoba region. The AGSM supports and advocates for individuals from diverse backgrounds and encourages applications from individuals who identify as LGBT2SQ+, First Nations, Metis, and Indigenous, as well as racialized, and persons with disabilities.
Please submit the following items to [email protected]
- Up to 5 images of past work
- Cover letter outlining why you would like to participate
APPLICATIONS DUE: Monday, April 15, 2019 5pm CST
The AGSM gratefully acknowledges the support of the RBC Emerging Artists Project.